FORScan: Add compass heading on 2016 Interceptor? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FORScan: Add compass heading on 2016 Interceptor?

blob19

Reaction score
City, State
Midwest
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
I wanted to fork a new thread off of this one, so that I don't hijack it:

BCM code to allow rear hatch entry?

stroker70 was able to add the compass display on a 2014, using: IPC 720-01-02 changed from 8E11 4C03 1931 to BE11 4CF3 194D

...but my IPC 720-01-02 is not 6 bytes long

also from the IPC diagnostics mode, it looks like I might not even have the hardware compass installed:
PHO76ht.jpg

I stumbled upon IPC 720-02-01 xxxx xxxx xFxx and found that this causes the temperature to display next to the odometer. Close but no cigar!

Does anyone know if:
a) 2016s have a compass installed
b) How to enable the display of the compass

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think PIUs got the compass module unless Sync was also ordered.

Is your IPC line 720-01-01 currently at C420 4064 20? If so, try changing 20 to 60.
Yes it is. I tried that change but still no dice. I think I need the hardware module. I tried searching fordparts.com for compass, but I get "0 parts found". Anyone know a part number, or what it looks like and where it's mounted in the vehicle, so I can check a junk yard?

See my post above, the signal comes from Sync and is sourced by the GPSM

You'll need the wiring harness as well, it's not a simple addition

See my post above, the signal comes from Sync and is sourced by the GPSM
I forgot to mention, I searched for the GPSM (GPS Module?) and couldn't find one on fordparts.com.

Is that the GPS unit that is mounted under the center console?
I can't be sure about that. Looking at the diagram, it would appear that is where it might be but everything I've read (posts) seems to indicate that the GPS module is behind the instrument panel in the dash.

Peter

Back