• Register Today It's free!

Forscan question

Brian Jones

Reaction score
City, State
Palmdale, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer PI
I recently ordered an OBDLink MX+ scanner. There are two Forscan Apps available on the Apple App Store. 1) Forscan Lite $4.99, and 2) Forscan Viewer which is free. Does one of these apps allow me to change some programming codes in my 2016 PIU? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently ordered an OBDLink MX+ scanner. There are two Forscan Apps available on the Apple App Store. 1) Forscan Lite $4.99, and 2) Forscan Viewer which is free. Does one of these apps allow me to change some programming codes in my 2016 PIU? Thanks.

Here is a comparison on forscans own website of the 2 apps (a quick Google search away - Download FORScan

You can use the forums handy 'search' feature (located in the top right, under alerts) to look for further threads on this forum about forscan.

Forscan also have their own forum boards (which can also be searched) for even more information - accessible through the link above.

As mentioned, a simple google search or just going to the forscan site and looking at the feature list for each application they offer would have shown you that the only current option for programming is through their windows based software with the extended license.

Comparsion of FORScan applications

Make sure you know and understand what you are doing and be safe out there.

When I try to connect Forscan to my vehicle via my laptop, I get an error telling me:
"Unable to connect to vehicle. Make sure ignition key in on and try again." My ignition key is on and I try again and get the same error message over and over. Any suggestions?

When I try to connect Forscan to my vehicle via my laptop, I get an error telling me:
"Unable to connect to vehicle. Make sure ignition key in on and try again." My ignition key is on and I try again and get the same error message over and over. Any suggestions?
Drivers. Be sure to go to the device site and get latest drivers. Also make sure windows firewall isn’t blocking. I’ve used FORScan in the past no problem but I had an issue connecting with a new vehicle yesterday and it was drivers. I have both the MX Bluetooth and wired version. Both had same connection issue until drivers and firewall opened. A reboot after drivers installed too! I then had no problems.

Back