Found a 18" rim I would like,, need opinions on the specs and fitment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Found a 18" rim I would like,, need opinions on the specs and fitment

Boss%20338%20Gray.JPG

Boss 338 Gray $145

18x8 5x4.5 +2mm 4.517" bs Ford

18x8 5x4.5 +14mm 4.989" bs Ford

I have my option of both and would like to run a 265/60/18 tire. i personally believe the rim with the 4.989 backspacing will work out better on my vehicle as it will only push the rim .48" inward over the stock rim and keep the .52" torward the face (outward)

I'm running no lift and currently have my TT set at the factory called for ride height with a lil rear spring sag that is soon to be fixed.

My 2nd question is,, which trucks have a harder time with rim fitment, the 4x4 or the 2WD's

Thanks,
Brad M
2000 Limited

2wd & 4wd are going to be equal as far as fitment issues.

Thanks dan,, reason i asked is back when i had a 2wd ranger it had that old style bearing cap that didnt allow me to run mustang rims or even explorer style.

I think the 96+ style when to that sealed hub that fits rims alot better. am i correct in that statement

Thanks dan,, reason i asked is back when i had a 2wd ranger it had that old style bearing cap that didnt allow me to run mustang rims or even explorer style.

I think the 96+ style when to that sealed hub that fits rims alot better. am i correct in that statement

The 4wd uses the sealed bearing assembly. The 2wd still uses a servicible bearing set up but it shouldnt cause a problem.

The fittment issue I was talking about is inside of the tire rubbing against the swaybar.

Back