found out something interesting | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

found out something interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean the hassle of doing the work. I meant the effects of it on ride quality.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Andrew, I'm sure you're going through a lot, but taking pictures would probably take 5 minutes TOPS... just turn the wheel all the way one way, and snap a few. Come on man, people are frothing at the bit here =P

hey wuts up everyone?

sorry just got back from the shop checkin on my truck there having some problems with it right now every time they take it out of the shop for like a 5 mile drive something breaks on it. so i guess its not to good of a idea after all. my buddy told me they might even put bags up from for me because they screwd up. but there good people i gotta give them nothing for workin on my truck eather even if they put the bags in up front. hes telling me that for some reason the ball joints and seals and everything keep on breaking so there gonna try acouple of other things. he told me they did it on this one kids truck but he didnt think he went this low on it. i guess ill ttyl bye

P I C T U R E S

seriously man... just go snap a few off real quick

Originally posted by andrew18816
12/23/2003
...if u guys wanna go over there and talk to them about doing it they can do it because they did it to my truck and it looks sweet and it rides nice. and no the wheels dont stick out like a ####in rc car and no im not a lil wanna be thug eather that rides on daytons. its actually has 20 inch kmc stelths...

Originally posted by andrew18816
12/26/2003
just got back from the shop checkin on my truck there having some problems with it right now every time they take it out of the shop for like a 5 mile drive something breaks on it. so i guess its not to good of a idea after all...
OK, so what your saying is, they did the spindle flip on your truck and you had 20" KMC's on it and it rode really nice. Then, three days later they did the spindle flip on your truck and had all kinds of problems. As long as I'm understanding you correctly, you totally contradicted yourself. How were you riding on your newly lowered explorer and everything was perfect with the ride one day and then three days later it was in the shop to get lowered with problems?

I don't think this guy knows what the hell they did to his truck in the first place. :rolleyes:

I'm not a sport truck guy, but this is great. I'm subscribing.

One thing would solve this debate other than pictures.. a name and number of the shop that did the work.

I think Doug is on to something here. If we call them and tell them that there are 25 guys here that want to have them do the work up and all.

Well ho bags, I think I found where this place is, so if ya wanna call...

Preston Automotive & Truck Repair Inc
3106 Fowler Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901

(239) 939-3008

-Justin

PS - I found this one whitepages.com under "pretsons". You have to scroll down a bit. Update us if anyone decides to call and check this place out.

Well ho bags, I think I found where this place is, so if ya wanna call...
I only see one "ho bag" that has replied to this thread.

sorry but that isnt prestons u called the wrong one i told u its not any north of pompano beach and light house point. its right off of I95 and copans so u called the wrong one peace

lets all try to keep this polite and civil. :)

andrew... do you understand how badly people want pictures? Is it really that big of a deal to go out and take ONE picture? I'm just asking for one... 20 would be ideal, but I could live with just ONE!!!! =P

If you can't take a pic, just post the number of the shop. That shouldn't be hard.

Something is missing here and because of that I have my doubts.

Hey don't get mad at me. You (andrew) started started a snowball effect and disturbed the herd. Hell, it even has me intrigued. And since you won't help us out, then we're trying to help out one another.

-Justin

PS - What would happen if you shortened the lower arm? Would that throw the suspension geometry out of whack? And like Hartman said (I think it was Hartman), why not just bend the bottom arm flat, then re-harden the steel? Or you could weld on a peice underneath to strengthen it back up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright fella's, I found the shop! So, if someone wants to call...

Preston's Sport Trucks & Imports Inc
2250 Northwest 15th Avenue
Pompano Beach, FL 33069

(954) 984-8040

-Justin

PS - andrew: neener neener neener:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back