friend's "new" 51 chevy truck (daily driver?!?!?) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

friend's "new" 51 chevy truck (daily driver?!?!?)

well, he ordered the LT1 edit software yesterday and bought a cheapo laptop from a friend, so when that crap gets in we'll have some fun with it. ;)

(depending on whether or not its in the shop getting the A/C installed)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

THAT TRUCK OWNZ
thumbsup.gif

Is your bud going to do any peformance mods or anything? I say rip that LT1 apart, rebuild with forged internals and slap on a Whipple supercharger......or hell have Lingenfelter or MTI do a little engine magic. Be pretty funny to see somebody race him and get destroyed by a daily driver 50's pickup lol.

I would love to have that truck, only thing I would change is to paint it Black and throw on some Weld Draglite or Prostar rims and drag radials for the street with a skinny setup for the strip, heh. Black + Weld rims + built engine =
reddevil.gif

EDIT - nevermind, saw that you said "built" engine, whats done to the LT1?

its just got a mild cam, head porting, and a Street and Performance intake (bigger runners, etc.) he's gonna keep it mild; its just a cruiser. believe it or not its got like 3:08 rear gears and its fast as hell even with a bad tune. :eek: i drove it around for a while and couldnt believe just how stout it was with the grandpa gears in it. im TRYING to talk him into a 700R4 swap and some 3:73's... engine wont get anything else other than tuning and headers of course. the guy he bought it from just slapped the stock manifolds on to get it running to sell it.

im on a different shift now at work, so i havent been able to talk to him in awhile. i do know that he's got the A/C in it now...

Back