friend's "new" 51 chevy truck (daily driver?!?!?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

friend's "new" 51 chevy truck (daily driver?!?!?)

james t

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana AR/TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 SAS sport
well, my friend has been talking about getting a classic truck for a daily driver for a long time. we all thought he was full of crap until he showed up at my house a while ago in this. 51 Chevy, vette front clip, shaved door handles, built LT1, TH350 tranny, etc. etc. and yes, its gonna be his daily driver. the truck is about 90% done, and just needs some finishing work. its stout as hell, even with some highway rear gears. its really nice on the street, and rides almost as good as any newer stock truck ive been in.

the LT1 needs some serious tuning, so im getting the laptop from a friend of mine next week to work out a few engine bugs. the motor has only been in a few weeks. he paid $10k even for it, and i must say it was a helluva deal. A/C goes in it in 2 weeks.

brooks1.jpg

brooks2.jpg

brooks3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is bad ass! I'd give my left nut for a '56 F100. But a Chevy would be okay too. The motor looks like they pulled it from the bottom of a lake. Whats the deal?

its not finished. the motor just went in a few weeks ago, and it has literally been driven a few miles. it was thrown in and wired up so he could sell it. no big deal, as a bottle of Simple Green, about $5 worth of wiring loom, and extending some wires will make it look a ton better. its also getting a set of block hugger headers.

Vette front clip is just that. a Corvette front clip. when i say "front clip", i am refering to suspension, steering, and general crossmember and not the body front clip. :p

Exactly my thoughts. Why so nice outside and so crappy inside? The engine looks so rusty I doubt it's gonna be a reliable daily driver.

It looks sweet nonetheless (on the outside atleast). :)

guys.... read my original post. ITS...... NOT........ FINISHED.... :D the dirty engine is no big deal. the truck is only 90% complete. he did not buy it as a show ready truck. the rust you see is only the stock exhaust manifolds. it just needs some cleaning up underhood.

once again for those that dont understand....

ITS..... NOT......... FINISHED...... :D
(read it slowly, and aloud)

Sorry about that. So, you're saying it's not finished, meaning more work to be done, right? Okay, got it. :D

why is the engine so dirty?

DAMN

So is it finished or what?

I really like those old trucks, didnt very much until I saw a cherry red GMC dropped to the ground with some nice(not flashy, just subtle) rims on it and some guy cruisin along the beach, Now I want one:D

That thing is really nice, are you gunna get to drive it?

Originally posted by james t
its not finished. its also getting a set of block hugger headers.
:p

Good lookin truck. If he hasn't picked the headers yet tell him to check out sanderson I got a pair on my c10. They look and sound awesome

That is an awesome ride. I only have one problem with it, it's a Chevy :p . Heh I'd still drive it any day.

Originally posted by Silverblade
That thing is really nice, are you gunna get to drive it?
already have. i drove it around for about 30mins. yesterday. boy, you really get some stares in it. i had people waving from the time i got in it until i parked it. :D even with no overdrive it cruises on interstate like a stock IFS truck. front coils/rear leaves were custom made by National Spring and it rides like a dream.

im trying to convince him to convert it to mass air so we can put a bigger cam in it. :p

nice! looks very clean.. that can't bea daily driver.. I dont see an a/c compressor anywhere.. :p

my bad.. after the a/c does go in.. then it will be ok.. but until then.. short trips only.. this july heat is too much w/o it

yeah, for a chevy, its badass... i dont really dislike chevy, i just think the horror they are doing to their new stuff gives them a bad name.... escalade ext, avalanve, aztec, rendezvous, vibe, and the like

Hey Jim, what is wrong with Escalade or Avalanche?

Want to know something weird?

I never would have noticed any of those trucks until seeing that, and then today driving around for work i saw 2!, count them, 2! of the exact same trucks. One dark blue, one dark green.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's a spanish gold one around here and it's awesome. Wood bed floor and all.

Back