• Register Today It's free!

Front Brake Pads

dvonwwe

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I have a 2001 Sport Trac that I replaced the front brake pads about 7 months ago. I replaced them with Wagner Thermo Quiet Pads. They have been squealing for about 6 of those 7 months. Any recommendations a better brake pad?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did my fronts with Wagner #MX652 Thermoquiet pads and Wagner #BD125494 rotors in May last year. Never a squeal from them. I did use NAPA Syl-Glide for lube, VersaChem Slide Grease, and cleaned everything well with CRC Brake Cleaner.
I also did rotors/pads on the rear with Wagner #MX667 Thermoquiet pads and Raybestos #66565R rotors at the same time. Got me some quick stoppin' brakes! But if you have a squeal 6 months later, something is wrong. Probably a disassembly/clean/lube is in order.

I did not use anti squeal on the back of pads or a clean and lube either. Thank you guys for the brake lesson!

The Thermoquiet pads are actually some of the best replacement pads available.
Never had a squeek from them before.

Had the Wagner pads and had no issues with them. Just like what others said, anti squeal can definitely solve the squealing.

Back