• Register Today It's free!

front driver seat

crunchie_frog

Reaction score
City, State
Johnson City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
Multiple 99-00 5.0 AWD
I replaced the front driver seat cover (2000, 5,0, leather/vinyl) yesterday with a cover from The Seat Shop. The cover was exactly like the original so I was pleased with that however, the job was kind of a PITA. If I had to do it again on another vehicle like this, are there any other OEM options, like the entire seat? The cover was $200 I was wondering if there are any complete seat replacement options out there that match OEM?

I replaced the front driver seat cover (2000, 5,0, leather/vinyl) yesterday with a cover from The Seat Shop. The cover was exactly like the original so I was pleased with that however, the job was kind of a PITA. If I had to do it again on another vehicle like this, are there any other OEM options, like the entire seat? The cover was $200 I was wondering if there are any complete seat replacement options out there that match OEM?

I've done this exact same job and didn't find it that bad, after watching the The Seat Shops video on how to do it. Took me a couple of hours and my results were excellent. There are no upholstered OE replacement seats available for our trucks (and if there were the price would be cost prohibitive). The only option would be to purchase some kind of aftermarket seat and adapt that to your seat frame, which would probably also be a PITA. Look at it this way, you'll most likely never need to do the job on your truck again, unless you have it for another 200,000 miles.

I once had a guy that worked for me. He drove an small, ancient Japanese pickup. I noticed that the top of the bed was pressing up against the cab. I told him he should maybe not drive the truck any more, as the frame was obviously rusted/broken and it wasn't safe. He chose to just ignore the problem. A few months later the truck actually broke in two on his way to work. He got no sympathy from me.

Back