Front HUB/Can you replace/repack just the bearing???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front HUB/Can you replace/repack just the bearing????

xFatcatx

Reaction score
City, State
PORTLAND OREGON
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 SPORT
95 Sport, 4wd, 4.0 SOHC, 90,000miles. So I have never heard of anyone on here just replacing or repacking the front hub wheel bearings? Is this possible? I know it is sold as an assembly and I assume I would have seen it by now on here but just wanted to confirm that it is not possible.

Also what do you guys think about a used one? They are pretty expensive and money is tight right now. Anyone know of a sight to get a used one besides the junk yards?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not possible.

I wouldn't buy a used one unless you're sure it's low mileage, high quality brand, and in good condition. Since all that is about impossible on a gen II anymore, I would rather see you get a new off shore cheapie from eBay for about $50. I wouldn't use one of those either, but if money is tight, it may be your only option. You can usually find a Timken (good quality) for about $150 IIRC.

Ditto. Not possible.

Check with factory motor parts ther in portland the motorcraft one is bout $215 or a cheep powertrain one for $140

The last Timken I got from Autozone, $155

Back