Front license plate | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front license plate

FirstFordinMT

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer XLT
I just bought a 2015 Ford Explorer XLT, and there is no bracket on the front for a license plate. Is there a good bracket that anyone knows about that I can order? I don't really want to drill into the front of the vehicle.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for now could just tie wrap it to lower grille. Not sure of any aftermarket specific ones but a custom made one could bolt into the front tow hook slot or bolt on from underneath the front bumper

Most dealers should put it on for you. Especially if you live in a two plate state. The dealer brackets are not expensive.

If i we're you i would go to the dealer and have them give it to you if you bought from a dealer. They should know that is needed if they sold it in a two plate state....

If he lives in Montana as his username seems to indicate (could be wrong though) then he requires both front and rear plates and the dealer should have installed the front bracket.

Peter

If you're just worried about having the front plate installed not because of the looks, it not hard to put on. Just put in 2 small screws thru the bumper cover, the holder is actually supposed to be held on by 2 plastic rivets, any body shop can install it in minutes.

Thanks all for the info. I am going to talk to my dealer and see if he can do anything for me. Seems strange it has been in a two plate state since it was new, but does not have a front plate bracket.

Back