front skid plate for 1991 xlt ???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

front skid plate for 1991 xlt ????

MARTY196

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque,New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
front skid plate for 1992 xlt ????

has anyone made a front skid plate for a 1991 xlt I have the metel for it but can't figure out where to bolt it to around the front axle there's a place to bolt it to near the front bumper but how to bolt it near the front suspension? any pictures or how to would really help?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got finished saturday building my custom prerunner bumper and I'm making my skid plate on thursday, I'll post pics

btt

Hi marty. I am most likley going to be building one for the front of my diff the end of the month. I have already built one for a different type of axle and it turned out great. I can probably show you or give you a pattern of the one i will build. We can talk more about different designs on the 22nd :D Also do a search about diff guard with the members name leebo, he bought one a while ago and there are pics of it somewhere on this board. (Personally I dont like it that much)

anyone have any diagrams for a skid plate for the 91-94's? my dad can make just about anything at his work...but hed need the dimensions etc any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering if any of you have built your skid plates yet i am looking to make one but, I need to know where to bolt it up at on the axle and the dimensions.

Chase

Back