• Register Today It's free!

fu#%in mazda clutch problems

Clint

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa ,AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
ok i replaced my slavecylinder ,clutch(and all),clutch master cylinder, and went with a tranny out of a 94 .............now my clutch engages at the end of the pedal (like its going out) i can drive it around town no problem but if it gets hot(wheelin) i know it will slip ,............basically it's disengaging fine but not engaging all the way .......pleas tell me what the hell is wrong with it??????????????? any and all suggestions helpfull

the throw on your master cylinder is worng (more)

Dude!

What year is your MAzda?

You see they have 2 different slave cylinders.
If you put in the wrong one then it's opening too far and not closing far enough.

I had the same problem with my 88 BII, converted to a 93 4.0L and 93 4.0L tranny. My 93 5 speed I paid $1200 for lasted for about 6 months then the reverse dropped out. So after much *****ing at the yard I bought it from (wouldnt honor my warranty!!!) I bit the bullut and got a real tranny shop to sell me a brand spankin new one (another $900 cash). Well they were installing and found my hydraulic line didnt mate up. Thats when I did some research and found that there are indeed 2 (if not more) different slave cylinders. If you have the wrong one it will open too far.

Do you hear a clicking noise when you push it all the way to the floor? if yes thats the clutch opening too far.

You can modify your clutch pedal linkage to solve the problem, or you can try swapping out to a 94 Master cylinder.

Before you do any of that try bleeding it again.

Also look at the clutch with the inspection cover off and make sure it is functioning properly. Pay close attention to the throw out bearing.

I'm so sick of my clutch problems (3 in 3 years, 2 trannys in 18 months) that I'm going to convert to a automatic (better for towing anyways...)

ok i have a 94 mazda tranny with a 94 slave cylinder with a 91 clutch master cylinder..........so how do i modify my linkage ?? and if i understand u correctly i can also just switch out my clutch master cylinder??? my clutch is "functioning " normal when i look through the site hole!!!

Back