• Register Today It's free!

Fuel delivery issue

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
So I've been battling this fuel delivery problem for a bit now, trying to find the source of the problem, basically looking everywhere short of the fuel pump for the simple act of the matter being that at this moment in time, I cannot physically remove my tank since I'm still recovering from injuries from my December wreck. I have a few buddies who are willing to do it for me but we're looking to make sure that it is the problem.

Here's what I've done so far:
-New spark plugs
-New coil packs
-Fuel Injectors services by Donkey Power Injection
-Fuel system cleaning (twice)
-New Fuel Filter

Here's what the truck does, every morning it starts completely normal. Then after about 45 min of driving it starts to shutter just a tad bit but that's usually when you get up to speeds over 65 mph. Every start up during the day afterwards is rough and takes a while. You'll hear it trying to turn over for 10-15 seconds and then suddenly it will and no it's not the starter. If I drove to work and don't touch it at all until I get off, it will start normal again. I think all that's left is the fuel pump or could this be a symptom of that module that sits above the spare tire?

Forgot to add, does anyone know what the fuel pressure is supposed to read? My last reading was at 45 psi. After cleaning the system, changing the filter and doing a few other minor tweaks, we got it up to 56 psi for a few days before it dropped again down to 50

Bump

Back