• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Pump and Intake Manifold

Coriger

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
My son has a 2000 Ford Explorer. He's been told it will cost him $1200-$1300. He's in the military and really can't afford that right now. I think he's getting ripped off. What should a fuel pump and intake manifold cost to replace?

Thanks

We need a bit more information on this...

The biggest problem is why the fuel pump and intake manifold need replacing...Does it run or not??? Does it run rough at idle and/or in the entire rpm range???

Who is quoting these prices? If it is the dealer then it would be typical of their prices...

I am in the same area you are and there are shops to avoid if you want the best and reasonable cost work done...And no I don't recommend any shop because I do all of my own work except for alignments, welding, and major body work...

Hello,

I had a fuel pump replaced by my trusted and experienced mechanic on my '01 a while back when I was in a time crunch. He charged $800. This included the pump, strainer, system flush, fuel filter, and labor.

I've heard of lower intake manifold gasket replacements costing anywhere from $500-$600. Labor is the major cost for this job because a lot of upper-engine components need to come off. I've always done them myself, as it's a straightforward job, just time consuming.

A combined total of $1200-$1300 seems reasonable to me, just be sure the browse the web for reviews of the shop, and if they're work has a warranty.

Thank you for your son's service :)

Regards,

ERUSH

Back