Fuel pump not turning on.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fuel pump not turning on....

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer 4.0
Hello, i have a 2002 ford explorer 4.0 sport 4wd. I have a problem with my car, one day i tryed starting the car and it didnt want to start. So i replaced the fuel filter and the car started. then after starting it a few times it didnt want to start anymore, so i took of the fuel tank (thinking bad gas, and there was stuff in the gas) so i take out the old gas out and put new gas, and bought a new fuel pump and filter, and when i put the gas tank back on the car, it still didnt want to start, so i take the fuel pump and find a random battery and connected it to the fuel pump and the pump spins so it works. i connected the pump to the car by itself not it the fuel tank (from underneath the car) and i was under the car to see if the pump turns on and someone tuned the car on, and the pump doesnt turn on(doesnt spin or anything) Long Story short, Do you have any ideas what i should do? also i was looking for the fuel pump fuse and couldnt find it (thinking it might be the fuse) do you guys by any-chance know the fuse number or where its located.. i know where the fuel pump relay is, but just not the fuse. Any idea why the pump wouldnt turned on??? the pic is how my fuse box looks like(there are many different version of the fuse box just wanted to show you how mine looks)...

Pic of fuse box: http://s30.postimg.org/5wmjnq6xt/201...1_231632_2.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I looked at the fuse box pictured it showed on the link you sent me and their fuse box is different than mine...Will it still work though? like are the numbers the same or something?

Hope its just the fuse, good luck and update us here.

Well i started the car and it starts, it might have been when i switched the fuse i have no idea but it started so its all good. Thanks for all your guys help

Back