• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Pump

justme1003

Reaction score
City, State
winnipeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 limited
I have a 1997 ford explorer limited edition. I need to change the fuel pump does anyone have pointers on this. Do i have to drop the tank or is there a place i can access the fuel pump with out doing this?

Please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

change fuel pump 1997 explorer

welcome

Welcome. You will have to drop the tank unless you want to cut through the floor. There is a how to somewhere on the forum. Try seaching for fuel pump with the title only box clicked. Search for a bit and im sure you will find it.

Thanks

Thanks all.. this thread was a great help and fast. I will be cutting the floor to change the pump.

I will also make a video of the procedure and post on utube i think for the next person

Hello all i have removed my drivers rear set to start the cutting the floor out to remove the fuel pump. i notice there is a heave red cable and a lighter blue cable there. the blue cable is not connected to nothing. Does anyone know what this cable is for. could it be the fuel pump power? Also my rear wiper does not work could it be for that. anyone know ?

Thanks all.. this thread was a great help and fast. I will be cutting the floor to change the pump.

I will also make a video of the procedure and post on utube i think for the next person

That would be awesome.

Hello all i have removed my drivers rear set to start the cutting the floor out to remove the fuel pump. i notice there is a heave red cable and a lighter blue cable there. the blue cable is not connected to nothing. Does anyone know what this cable is for. could it be the fuel pump power? Also my rear wiper does not work could it be for that. anyone know ?

Try posting in the explorer section that matches your explorer. You should get an answer in no time. Electrical is my weakness or I would help :(

Back