Gasket advice and other maintenence - Upper & Lower intakes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gasket advice and other maintenence - Upper & Lower intakes

srvblues00

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport / 88 Turbo Stang
In a few weeks I am going to be replacing the upper and lower intakes with gaket matched intakes. What is the best way to get gaskets, individually or in a set? I'm going to have to remove the valve covers to get the lower intake off, so i'll need the valve cover gaskets as well.

also, while i have these intakes off, is there anything else I should do while I'm at it? Obviously i'm going to look over the valvtrain, but what else should I keep an eye out for?

get the ford gaskets from torrie@fordpartsnetwork.com much better design. i ordered the upper, lower and valve covers for about $60-70 but haven't needed them yet. also use permatex rtv, i think its the copper one for heat and O2 sensor safe.

thanks!

What i would do

I would take your new gaskets and mock bolt them up semi tight. With a scrib or all, hold the gasket down tight and scrib the out line of the gasket to see how close the heads match to the intake.

Back