Gasket set | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gasket set

trpaslik

Reaction score
Hallo,
I want control my motor, change valve seals and etc. on Explorer 4.0i year 1994. I need know which complete set of gasket I have to shop. I found on ebay.com but for the year 1994 I found this Intake manifold gasket.
4.0_hs_6.jpg

and for year 1995- this type
eh10440_2.jpg

The second type I have at my Explorer. Is some difference between this two types? Are some difference for another gaskets not for only this?
Or give me please some link on complete gasket set which I need. (valve seals, head gasket, ...) - ideal is ebay.com I seen good price :)
Many thanks for your support and sorry for my english.

trp - Czech republic

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for your reply.
But I don´t know why I have at my motor this type Intake manifold gasket :rolleyes:

I´m abroad. :(

eh10440_2.jpg

The cut outs look the same for the most part. May just be a different design? Not sure.

I hope the difference is only design.
And last question - is necessarily also change head screw for new or I can use old?

Many thanks.

If you are pulling the heads, you need to get a new set of head bolts. Ford uses stretch bolts, so they shouldn't be re-used.

Just about every gasket "set" I found for the 1991-1994 OHV motor had the paper intake gasket and cork valve cover gasket.

We went to ford and got the metal lower intake gasket and rubber valve cover gasket. I felt that since the metal was already in the engine from the factory that I'd put another metal one back instead of using the aftermarket paper gasket.

The shop I got my gasket "set" from gave me a discount since I didn't take the valve cover gaskets or lower intake gasket (most places won't do something like that)

And as mentioned already.. you will need a new set of head bolts..

~Mark

Hallo,
thanks for yours replys. I don´t know rights words in english - because I can´t find it and writing here, sorry. If I give piston ring inside cylinder - and test gap - at "lock" ring - which have to be value. From - to (inch, millimeter)
see picture

Explorer year 1994 - 121kW

Many thanks.

Back