• Register Today It's free!

Gauge Cluster Lights

animex2

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
Hey everyone, Got a weird electrical problem that maybe you guys can help me solve.

When I hit my remote start, my gauge cluster lights and my fog lights light up just as normal, but once I put the key in and hit the break, or start the car with the key, they dont light up at all.

I tried checking fuse 21 (insturment cluster, compass and flasher coil) with no luck.

Im not sure if it would be a fuse or not, beacuse like I said, they do work with the remote start.

Anyone have any insight to share? :(

2004 4.0 XLT btw.

-edit

to make it clear, the insturment lights (check gauge, service engine soon) etc all light up, but it seems like things controlled by the dimmer dont - the speedo and tach and such.

and i have no clue if this would be linked to the fogs or not.

-edit 2

also, this happened today right after installing my after market head unit.

I have a similar issue. But my cluster lites dont come on at all. Nor does my radio dim when i turn lites on.

Sry im no help, hope u get an answer soon!

Well I know its still not working right, But I found out attaching the orange illumination light to the 12v power delay will fix almost all the problems. It will turn off when the delay turns off and turn on when the car is turned on.

the only issue is that the dimmer switch doesnt do anything anymore, which im ok with. Why would I want to turn my gauge lights down? "OH NO ITS TOO BRIGHT!" haha

Back