• Register Today It's free!

Gauge needles question

mdriggan

Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Expedition
Does anyone know if needles from a Ford Windstar will fit on the gauges for a 1997 Ford Explorer? The Windstar needles are a nice red color and I think they would look great lit up at night. Anyone know if this would work?

Thanks,
Michael

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know if those will fit or not, but I used an orange sharpie to color my stock needles. I just turned the sharpie on edge and colored only the front face. They turned out great, like they came that way.

Yeah, Ive heard about using a Sharpie to color the needle, but Im trying to do something quick. Would using a transparent paint work just as well? Only one or two quick coats and I should be ready to go. Any thoughts on this method?

Michael

I guess it would work about the same. I used the sharpie because of doing it quick. It only took one pass down the length of the needle. If you use the side of the tip instead of the point, it works just like a paint brush.

Thanks for the info. I guess Im just afraid of screwing it up. Ill keep this idea in mind.

Michael

Back