Gauges/read outs/computer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Gauges/read outs/computer

opielab

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.0
I know a lot of people mention that they check their sensors or gauges for the miles per gallon - is this a stock feature on some ex's or an aftermarket one? i know mine doesn't have it, but i would like it.

also, if i were to change the tire size, making it bigger, wouldn't that require a reprogram of the computer based on the new rotations per mile? is there a calculation on coming uo with that number? i have the xcal 2 so i could change it, just wondering how you come up with the number.

does anyone have any other cool gauges or sensors hooked up to their explorers? i have an 02 XLT 4.0L. Thanks, let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

go to 1010tires.com and input your tire sizing in the tire calculator. This will give you a new rev's per mile which you could input into your ExCal2.

thanks a ton. anyone else have any more info on gauges and stuff?

my dad's 2005 limited has a message center in the lower right corner of the instrument cluster, it switches between miles per gallon, distance till empty, and trip odometer.

I know mine doesn't have that but I don't know what year that was put on the Explorer's. I think I have seen people who have had aftermarket readers, but am not sure.

Thanks though.

Back