What Stock rims do you guys like the best? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What Stock rims do you guys like the best?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

AR OutlawII?

CodePoet said:
I have the sawblade type on mine...I dont' like the way they looked with stock street tires, but with the MT's I think they look pretty good. THe best looking expo wheel in my opinion though is the one that looks like the american racing wheels...sandy has them on her's.

My opinion
CP :D

Do you mean the bullethole rims that look like AR OutlawII's? If I'm right these only came on '91s, at least that's what I've heard. Its what's on mine but I can't get them to shine up and the crome is peeling off the center caps. Any suggestions?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I can't believe no one likes the tear-drop rims. I have always liked them since their first introduction in 95'

By the way, those are 31 inch tires on there..hmm i wonder if there's enough room for 32's??? :smoke:

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 502

I have always been a fan of the "eyebrow" rims. Never had an ex with them though...

ive always like the teardrop rims as well! maybe its cuz they are on my x, but who knows.

64756.JPG

These are what I have on my 2000 Sport. They're off a Mazda 3000 pick-up truck, and are the same size, backspacing, etc, as stock Explorer wheels.
:burnout:

woodychitwn said:
My favorite is the 1st Gen Limited rims.

Mine too. :cool:

I like the 16" teardrop wheels on my sport. :cool:

i have the factory saw-blades on mine, plus i have an extra set of saw-blades, so i wanted to take the extra set and swap them with the ones on my parents Ex that has the other style rims, they are like the more common rangers rims,

this way i could have 2 different sets of rims, instead of 2 sets of the same rims

I love my stock sawblades, they're in good shape and shine great. My buddies have a '93 Ex and '93 Bronco with the same rims that have holes around them, I think those look cool too. By the way, where can I get that chrome trim around my wheel wells like you have? Mine are starting to rust :monkey: out and I'm going to sand them down a bit, and repaint, but I'm not sure its going to look the best so I'd like to cover it up a lil bit. ;)

Other then the new Explorer rims (5 spokes) then I would have to say the kind on my Sport the 5 spoke 16"... I think 5 spoke rims look great on explorers.

RoadEnforcer said:
Other then the new Explorer rims (5 spokes) then I would have to say the kind on my Sport the 5 spoke 16"... I think 5 spoke rims look great on explorers.

I agree... Simple, strong, good looking. I think this was by far the best looking wheel offered for an Explorer

14229adry_liftin__tire.jpg

LBarr2002 said:
Do you mean the bullethole rims that look like AR OutlawII's? If I'm right these only came on '91s, at least that's what I've heard.

I wouldn't know if they were used on '93 or '94 Explorers, but my Sport is a '92 and I have them, so who knows

^ yeah i like those rims too

i like the
1.)deer hoofs
2.)bulletholes
3.)16" teardrop like hokies(i would like it even better if they were 15's)
4.)15" teardrops, and those are what i have

First generation bullet hole rims!!
&
Second generation Limited 5 spoke rims.

99 LIMITED are best wheels

The 2-gen Eddie Bauer rims are the nicest. All Chrome 3-spokes, HELL YEAH. too bad there so small.

17's

I just took off my stock 16" split 5-spokes in favor of these 17's from Ford. I like them very much and they are easy to clean :)

explorer.jpg

Back