• Register Today It's free!

G'Day all.

exp2000ltd

Reaction score
City, State
Sydney NSW
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ltd
A quick G'day to you all. Just signed on as a new member and wanted to ask a question.
I have a 2000 limited and was wanting to know how I can check to see if the timing chain has been replaced or not.

Thanks for any replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

You cant I am afraid- all you can do is check if the front tensioner is replaced- as the new one is clearly differant being longer and having more extend out from the engine, the rear one is the same to look at as the old one. If you dont have rattles on start up at all, dont worry.
Chances are that its original unless you have service records to prove otherwise or a reciept. To safeguard get the oom12 kit and the rear tensioner and replace them that should stop any minor rattles on start up.... Read about the job by searching here.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I have just dropped the beast off at the mechanics and he is going to check it for me. I am fairly sure though that the front chain has been done but not the rear. Can anyone tell me at what klm's the rear should be replaced?

Thanks.

Back