Getting Ready: Ford Fair | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting Ready: Ford Fair

ihpj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 UK SOHC Explorer
Well, so it's nearly that time of year - usually we are in the US for our annual trip - but this year we are doing a 'staycation' and Ford Fair is top of our list.

The Ex. has its MOT early this morning; she's already had a good clean and wash (sorry no polish, have you seen how many slab sides this thing has?); inside is vacuumed and windows cleaned but, and I say this most sincerely and with utmost of gratitude, with Howards help we are ready for our first Ford Fair!

Howard has given selflessly as I have endeavoured to get our Ex. ready and he has helped me empty my bin of parts I bought back from the US last summer (which makes Mrs. ihpj happy, not least because she can enjoy her truck) and fitted them with Howards expert help and supervision. Without his help I doubt we would be coming...

I'm confident our Ex. will pass her MOT (slight concern remains the handbrake efficiency as its not as tight as id like it but then I do prefer more bite) and after one final clean on Saturday we are all set and ready to go. We look forward to seeing y'all there :salute:!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very sorry to hear of your personal circs. I hope things work out for you - my thoughts and prayers are with you.

UPDATE:

Ex. passed its MOT. ahdvisories were slightly rusted rear shocks (no surprise) and turn signals on OSF discolouring (I think this means she needs new bulbs as the ensues are clear?). Anyhoo, I never doubted that she would not pass and I'm well chuffed :D

She has also been tracked for the first time since I (with Howard) fitted the upper/lower ball joints, outer track rod ends and other misc. bushings etc. - she feels nice and planted on the road ... however not as tight as I thought; gives me an excuse for my next project (Bilstien shocks all round methinks!)

Anyways, looking forward to Sunday!

Thanks ihpj for your thoughts.

To get ready for the fair i'm gonna have to drive around in the mud to cover all the scratches. Oh and get all the fast food boxes out the back.

sorry to hear that kev i hope it works out well.

For mine ill need to wash and hoover it also needs a jumpstart as i not used it in 2 weeks lol

Right-O we are all set; Ex has been washed and cleaned. Had a bottle of AG Super Resin Polish laying around in the garage so chucked a little of that on there as well for good measure :p

Kids stuff all packed; ice box at the ready; camera charged and CF card with plenty of free space...hope the weather holds and looking forward to meeting those of you coming.

Cant believe it's all over - hope everyone who came had fun; we really enjoyed ourselves :D

The weather beating itself was a bonus too ;)

Hope everyone had a safe journey home.

Back