Getting ready to replace the brake booster questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting ready to replace the brake booster questions

BrianKyle

Reaction score
City, State
Low Desert of California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Exlporer 4.0
I plan on replacing the brake booster in my sons '98 Explorer 4.0 tomorrow. It looks pretty straight forward, but was wondering if I will need to remove the lines on the master cylinder or can I just move it aside after it's disconnected from the booster? Thank for your advise.

I plan on replacing the brake booster in my sons '98 Explorer 4.0 tomorrow. It looks pretty straight forward, but was wondering if I will need to remove the lines on the master cylinder or can I just move it aside after it's disconnected from the booster? Thank for your advise.

I'm pretty sure I did this awhile back. The lines have some play in them. Just take care not to bend them too much

^ especially if they are rusty, don't bend them much. You can often get more play in them by disconnecting or opening the first strap holding them on, trace the lines till you get to it.

Thanks for the advise, but it seemed a little too tight so I went ahead and disconnected them. I was hoping to save the time from having to bleed the system. Oh well, I'll have a brake pumper around tomorrow to finish 'er up.:D

Back