Getting Rid of My 2014 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting Rid of My 2014 Explorer Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Ludlow, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
So after being in an accident and requiring over $10K in repairs I have decided its time to trade in my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport. So today I purchased a 2015 Lincoln MKS and 2015 Lincoln MKC. I wanted to thank everyone here for all of their help and amazing posts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know a lot of people don't like driving a new vehicle that has been in an accident. Either does not drive the same, or can't live with damaged and re-painted body panels even if they look the same.

So you traded in one Ex in an accident for two Lincs. Where to I sign up for that program :D

Congrats on your new MKS and MKC..Both are awesome vehicles!!

Have fun with the new Lincolns! They are awesome vehicles!

I felt the same! My then "new" 2013 XLT was rear ended three months after I bought it. There was almost $10,000 in damage and the painted rear bumper never quite "matched" it irked me to no end. Then I was rear ended again 2 months after I got it back from the shop from the first accident. I hated the fact that I had a "new" vehicle that was less than a year old and was rear ended TWICE! That was one of the reasons I traded up to my current 2015 Limited. It was a deal I could not pass up.

So after being in an accident and requiring over $10K in repairs I have decided its time to trade in my 2014 Ford Explorer Sport. So today I purchased a 2015 Lincoln MKS and 2015 Lincoln MKC. I wanted to thank everyone here for all of their help and amazing posts.
Thank you for your contributions to this Forum and all the best with the Lincolns. BTW, just curious, did you remove the Kicker subs or did they go with the Explorer?

Peter

Thank you for your contributions to this Forum and all the best with the Lincolns. BTW, just curious, did you remove the Kicker subs or did they go with the Explorer?

Peter

I actually removed them and wont be installing them in the new vehicles. I also removed my WeatherTech Digital Fit mats from the first/second rows. They are now sitting in the middle of my bar.

I know a lot of people don't like driving a new vehicle that has been in an accident. Either does not drive the same, or can't live with damaged and re-painted body panels even if they look the same.

So you traded in one Ex in an accident for two Lincs. Where to I sign up for that program :D
I lucked out and got some amazing deals to be able to get both, otherwise it would have been a tough choice.

Have fun with the new Lincolns! They are awesome vehicles!

I felt the same! My then "new" 2013 XLT was rear ended three months after I bought it. There was almost $10,000 in damage and the painted rear bumper never quite "matched" it irked me to no end. Then I was rear ended again 2 months after I got it back from the shop from the first accident. I hated the fact that I had a "new" vehicle that was less than a year old and was rear ended TWICE! That was one of the reasons I traded up to my current 2015 Limited. It was a deal I could not pass up.

I was in the same boat, when I saw that they basically replaced everything from the grill and bumper to the entire front and rear passenger side panels. I just couldn't convince myself to keep it. And that was my feeling i and a 1 year old car with on 9100 miles and some kid from NJ ruined it.

Thank you all, I cant wait until Wednesday when I pick up my MKS. Just sucks I have to drive over an hour to Shrewsbury MA to pick it up, but they are the closest Lincoln dealer I trust (the Ford/Lincoln dealer in Western MA is the shadiest place I've ever seen).

Just sucks I have to drive over an hour to Shrewsbury MA to pick it up, but they are the closest Lincoln dealer I trust (the Ford/Lincoln dealer in Western MA is the shadiest place I've ever seen).

I hear you on that!!

The closest Ford dealer I trust is also over a hour away in Palm Beach County..The Ford dealers in Miami-Dade and Broward County [with North Broward being the worst] are so bad if you put the sales and service advisors on a lie detector the machine would blow up with all the lies they tell.

I generally find Ford dealers who service police and fleet vehicles are better then the ones who do not..Just IMHO.

I'm in the same situation with my '13 Limited (accident in March, $9K in repairs), debating on whether to keep or trade it.

How much of a hit did you take on trade-in as a result of the accident?

will those mats fit a 2016 you think?

I'm in the same situation with my '13 Limited (accident in March, $9K in repairs), debating on whether to keep or trade it.

How much of a hit did you take on trade-in as a result of the accident?

I actually didn't take any hit they actually gave me exactly what is was valued at in Excellent condition and there really wasn't any push back from the dealer

Back