Building my 5.0, have some questions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Building my 5.0, have some questions

These Mounts are L&L that I (HDWindrider) got in a Trading Deal for a 5.0 in a Ranger 4x4 and are the same Height as the Explorer and will eliminate trimming the Excess off of the rear of the Stock Explorer Top Engine mount Plus be Stronger for those High Torque situations

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 233

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just saw an un-answered question of yours.

Yes, you can eliminate egr, but you will get an engine code (Check engine light).

The only way around that is to 1, take the bulb out. Or, 2, buy an SCT programmer and get a tuner to tune egr out. That works, plus you can have tuning done to take advantage of all the changes that are about to happen to your new truck.

The tuner isn't exactly cheap though.

Gt 40 Springs New FMS with inside dampner on Ebay for 49.95 a set of 16 new Shipped,I bought 2 sets :) Part #M-6513-A50 Ford Racing

Thanks Dano :) for awnsering the EGR Question, I may go with the Tuner set up to get the Most out of My Exploder :)

Wayno

The First 2 are of the FMS Lighning Headers on a 5.0 on and engine stand the drivers stand, The Next 2 are of the Passenger side Header.

Attachments

• IMG_1824.jpg
    IMG_1824.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1826.jpg
    IMG_1826.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1828.jpg
    IMG_1828.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 206

Hey Dono,Where did the Pictures go? Any Who I pulled my Short block,Tranny and Converter out Today and didn't even Have Open up the A/C :) I was really Impressed with the Heads and took them to the Machine Shop to have a Competition Valve Job done on them and Magna Fluxed to check for cracks and Milled .020. I'll do the Final assembly and set up my Spring Height to Match my Camshaft :) and some port matching and bowl blending and cc them Myself. I found a Rust free 99 Sport in running condition in Va today for 1300.00 I think I'll buy it and Switch everything over and use a 97 Ranger Manual Transfer case all I'll have to do is Change my Yokes to the Larger Flanges and either move the Fuel tank Back or cut a section out of it and Tig it Back while Pumping Carbon Dioxide thru it Via a Running vehicle and a Hose off the Exhaust :) Hillbilly Style :) Then Coat it with a Motorcycle Kreem Kit :) to Seal it all up.

I'm having a ton of technical issues. I found the pictures in my 'junk' folder today. Then, I tried uploading to the Site and the pics were too big, and needed resizing.

I'll finish them tonight or tomorrow.

These are on the Drivers Side all it needs is about 3/4 inch notched out of the upper steel part of the Engine Mount and theres Plenty to cut out before you even get to the Frame Mount. But Like I said in my Last Message,I use the L&L Units :) The Last Pic is where the Header Exits just right for the Explorer and you can see the upper engine steel mount I'm Talkin about and where it needs trimed foe clearance. You Couldn't Ask for a Better Fit :)

Attachments

• IMG_1821.jpg
    IMG_1821.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1816.jpg
    IMG_1816.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 201

This Passenger Header has I inch of clearance from one Tube under the Unmodified Aluminum Heater Box Shield With the Bolts in it,I will try to see how much I can Push the Shield up and Flatten the one Tube across the Top of that One Tube and it will hot hurt the Flow or Pipe size it will be done on my Exhaust Bender with Plates off of my Axle Bearing Press :) The Problem Child Here is the Rear Collector it need turned 180 degrees and towards the Back of the Vehicle. And that's not and problem at all I'll Angle Cut it and Add some 3 inch Pipe about 3 or 4 Inches,Turn it to its Proper Position and weld it in place :) Then Build the Exhaust Systen with the o2 sensors at the same length from the rear port of the exhaust on each side and I won't be running Converters ,Maybe Dummies :)

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 184

My 99 Explorer has some Rust Issues underneath and I was unable to Score the rust free Explorer 4x4 Sport :) So I have a 1994 Ford Ranger thats really Solid with 1977 Bronco 4:11 running gear under it And it had a 5.0 engine in it with a C-4 and dana 20 transfer. I'd like to have the over drive automatic and Explorer 5.0 engine in it with the electronic Engine and trans Monitoring System :) Has anyone converted the Later 5.0 with tranny and Processor into a Earlier Ranger. I would appreciate some Infi if I can get it. Thanks Wayno :)

I found a nice 2002 explorer sport,Can I transfer all mr 99 5.0 explorer stuff over I it? Plesae Let me know if it will work,Thanks Wayno

I don't know if anyone has done that here. Should be able to keep think. As long as you have a donor truck. Not absolutely sure how. The electronics would get interesting.

I found a nice 2002 explorer sport,Can I transfer all mr 99 5.0 explorer stuff over I it? Plesae Let me know if it will work,Thanks Wayno

you can....sorta. everything will bolt into it, but the electronics will be the tricky part

Back