Getting the 00m12 done.. questions. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting the 00m12 done.. questions.

G

gensic11

I am paying the ford dealer about 190$ to install the 00m12 kit which included the gaskets and chain tensioner (although im not experiencing the rattling change because I believe it was already fixed before i bought the truck) What all should this 00m12 fix?

My current problems were horrible idling (would lose rpm's and start hissing)
Cold Start - anything under 40 degrees and it would stutter until warmed up.. etc

what should this 00m12 fix (other problems i didn't list)..

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

don't know about what other symptoms would be associated with the oom12 kit repair, but 192 sounds like a great deal... i'd get that in writing before they start.

yeah well when I called Ford they told me the installation of that kit would cost 300$ or so.. so I figured I would buy the kit from them and install it myself. When I was talking to one of the mechanics they told me it was a 2.1 hour job. I got lucky because I don't even remember why I went to talk to one of them.. I think it was a question about the kit. Anyway he knew exactly what the kit was off the bat and was like yea that's about a 2.1 hour job (out of the blue). So I figured.. ok at 70$ an hour labor plus the parts (which I already bought for 55$).. that doesn't add up to 300$. So I had him write down on the piece of paper 192$ or whatever he quoted me at. Right when I heard that price i was SOLD.

Anyone else have any input on what all the 00m12 fixes? I know the basics but I was curious as to if it fixed any other symptoms?

Josh

well i will pick up the truck after the 00m12 fix when i get off work.

i will post back here to let everyone know how it went and what all it cleared up. i bet i won't notice a whole lot until winter when i don't have to worry about my truck not wanting to idle right when it's freezing outside.. i was noticing a few other little things that seemed to be related to the 00m12 fix so like i said, i will post if anyone is interested. i didn't have the dealership do a diagnostic check (77$) for that.. so i'm hoping the 00m12 does the trick.. with the research i've done on here the 00m12 seemed to be my problem.. so if it works, i will have saved 77$ from the site.. :) i'll let everyone know.. check back around 6 or 6:30 tonight (tuesday)

Ok I just picked up my truck from the dealer after getting the new gaskets and tensioner put in. I can tell you I do notice a pretty big difference.. My truck now has a fairly steady idle around 600.. this is not REAL different from before.. but before the 00m12 my truck would drop idle to like 400 or so making it shake and vibrate a little (that does not happen anymore). I can tell a little difference in the shifting timing.. seems that with no air seeping through the gaskets - everything else is more in tact.. now i'm not real mechanical but I do feel things and can tell a difference when work is done and this is definitely worth it. I got an oil change plus the kit installed for right at 250$. Not a bad deal - especially by a Ford Dealership. I can't wait until winter now to see if it still wants to stall out due to freezing cold weather. I've got a good feeling it wont anymore.

Hope this little bit of information helped someone!

-Josh

Where did you order this kit from? Im experiencing the rattling and people say Its probably the tensioner.

i ordered the kit from the local ford dealership here. i paid like 52$ including tax i believe.. i didn't actually "order" it.. i went to the parts department and picked one up - call before you go to make sure they have one in stock if you're planning on picking it up.

it's supposedly a fairly easy install if you somewhat know what you're doing. there was a great write-up on this board if you search for it showing how to install it with pictures.

i just got a fair price fromthe dealer to install so i went with it.

Back