Getting the 2wd Trail Ready | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Getting the 2wd Trail Ready

lots of guys here run the aussi locker with no complaints.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get the powertrax no slip...i got that in my 2wd and it is sick...you'll be amazed the things you can do with it...the swampers help too...plus, once you learn how it works on the street, you can adjust your driving and no one knows it is there...my dad never noticed it was installed...untill i started lifting tires on the trail...:D

now i always get this f-ed uo but is the powertrax and lockrite the same ? i dont think it is but a lil help would be nice.

Dead Link Removed
there is the website...it has them written up as two different units...it looks like the no slip is better for daily driving and the lockrite is designed more for trail only...my no slip has done fantastic though on the trail...i cant see any need for more...

The stock limeted slip works well for pulling out S10 blazers. lol. i have the 3L73 rear diferational and i had to pull out my buddy. i had both the rears spinning so i guess it worked like a locker.

Check out my thread about lockers a few pages back or click on my posts to find it. Some good info there.

what do you know about the powertraxx

Ok, I keep seeing a lot of info about front/rear lockers, but I just had to ask: Has anyone used manual lockouts on the rear hubs? Similar to the front, but just in the rear? Or, is this something common that I just haven't read anything about? Is it even possible?

i dont know that is what i am wanting to do to mine too but i havent seen anythng out there i either want manual or elec soi can just flip the toogle

Ridge... do you have an Ex, or just the Ranger?

i had powertrax for years now.. mostly daily driver. no problem

the lockrite is also awsome but just a tad noisey but tur the radio up and youll never know its was their.

i think i am gonna go with the e-z locker because its the cheapest...

and does anyone have have the james duff skid plate? and is it good?

i just got the ranger

Back