• Register Today It's free!

Giving My Ex A 2" Lift

sledgehammer1990

Reaction score
City, State
Doylestown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Hey, I have been doing some research and I just replaced my upper and lower ball joints on the passenger side over the weekend. Before I go out and get an alignment, I was checking out the 2" lift ideas.

I wanted to know where I could get the following parts...

- Warrior WAR153 Shackles
- Explorer Pro Comp 13120 Add-A-Leaf Kit
- F-150 Coil Seats

This is all I need for a 2" lift correct?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I stopped at my local ford dealer and he gave me some prices. One was $70 and the other was $20 for some reason. I am waiting for the junk yard to get back to me to see if they have them.

Edit: I got back from the junk yard and I walked the yard with one of the guys there. I showed him what I was talking about and they only had one ford f150 4x2. It would have cost around the same for used parts because of the labor.

You could go for the Skyjacker 132X 2" springs from Summit. $150. They ride good also. Got mine from them on fleabay with free shipping.

Well, I stopped at my local ford dealer and he gave me some prices. One was $70 and the other was $20 for some reason. I am waiting for the junk yard to get back to me to see if they have them.

Edit: I got back from the junk yard and I walked the yard with one of the guys there. I showed him what I was talking about and they only had one ford f150 4x2. It would have cost around the same for used parts because of the labor.

Labor? unless your in the rust belt.. its < 30 mins to pull them.. Do you have a pull your own part place?

EDIT: I just noticed your in PA.. it may take longer if the nut is rusty...

~Mark

Are those just the coils? Would that go with the f150 coil seats? I found out where I can get the coil seats too. It would cost around $80. I am not getting to much for my explorer right now. I just wanted to give it that little push for getting it ready to take to my mountain house for the summer. My friend and I are taking our trucks and quads for awhile and just going to explorer the area.

Thats just the thing though. The left side looks good, but the right side, someone already torched off the bolt and nut and it doesn't look that good.

What do you mean pull your own part place? That is basically what the junk yard is, I go in and take what I need, then pay for it.

What do you mean pull your own part place? That is basically what the junk yard is, I go in and take what I need, then pay for it.

Pull your own part means you bring your tools and take the part off yourself.. They charge you for the part.. there is 0 labor cost as your doing it yourself. Usually the part costs well under 50% of what it would cost new.

Many junk yard won't let you pull your own part so you pay them for the part + the cost of them taking the part off.

~Mark

I would pull it off my self, but the way this truck was sitting, I had no access to the front end. There is a $35 fee for just getting them to start up the loader to lift up the truck.

Ahh.. I get it.. its a yard I wouldn't deal with then.. Unless there were other parts I wanted at the same time.. Or, unless they would charge me no more than $24 for the pair.. its not my fault they don't put the vehicles in the yard so people can get parts..

~Mark

The springs I mentioned give you 2" of lift with no new coil seats. Dump old coils. Install new ones. Get alignment. 2" of lift. Alignment could run you up to 170 though so be aware of that. A body lift won't require an alignment but will throw your steering a little out of wack and is a lot harder to do.

Well, instead of new coil springs, I am kinda on a budget so I could just get 2 new coil seats for $40 total.

I realized that the alignment can run that high. Last time I got one, it was $70 for the alignment and another $80 to install a shim. But I said no to the shim at the time.

Back