installing a 2" lift

cmhaah06

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
CLOVIS, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
ok so i got enough money to buy a little lift. so i bought the 2" skyjacker lift. comes with 2" lift coils, add a leafs, alignment shims and shocks (all for under 400 dollars). so my question is to all of you on here, is there any tips that will make the installation of this lift easy or easier?? also will i be able to align the truck even though i didn't use lift brackets?? any info will help. thanks in advance. oh and happy new years to all!:thumbsup::):salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Which lift did you purchase??? Model #???

i got the 2" skyjacker coils part# sky132x, i opted to get the explorer pro comp add a leaf was 12 bucks cheaper part# exp13122, as well as the explorer pro comp shocks part#exp317510 for the front and part#exp324509 for the rear (they were buy 3 get one free) and the camber bushings exp594.

I bought the same exact thing minus camber bushing

im impressed with my lift so far. i bought the 4 inch lift from tough country ez ride suspension. i like it! it has some weird camber adjust ment thing where the front arms hook to the drop brackets. kinda weird but its cool. i have alot of front susp flex to..

so bgh1441 did your truck have any problems getting aligned after lifting it the two inches?? did you do the install or did a shop do it?? was there any issues i should be aware of?? i know its just a small lift but how do you like the ride/performance??

Back