Going 5 on 5.5 and keeping your 8.8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Going 5 on 5.5 and keeping your 8.8

Crushin

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
ha...like I have time to
If your planning a solid axle swap or doing the D44 TTB outer and you want to keep your 8.8, we have a member over at RRORC that has an excellent product! Rmyers owns a machine shop and is making 4.5 to 5.5 adapters for the 8.8. No need to carry to spares or give up your 31 spine rear. he has excellent prices and service. he is alot cheaper than some of the companies out on the West coast.

Contact him here:

rmyers2051@bellsouth.net

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will get in touch with him. Performancewheels in englewood Colorado is pretty hard to beat though. What are his prices like?

They quoted me $190 a set or $100 a pair, plus shipping. Rmyers did mine for $60 a pair.

Another option is just to have the 8.8 redrilled to the new bolt pattern. Theres plenty of room and any competant machine shop can do it with no problem.

I took my shafts to a local shop to have them done and it was a no go. There wasn't suficiant material to have the studs set correctly. The size of the stud head and the nurals would push the stud holes out too far for the rotors on a disc setup and put the studs very colse to the edge of the flange on the shaft itself.

Are you happy with your set from him? I contacted him, but I am a little leary of him. Do you have any pictures?

Performance wheel is $50 per spacer.

He is rock solid dude! He is a member over at RRORC and he set up 6 or 7 sets so far. He is an older guy with his own shop, I recomend him HIGHLY!

Back