• Register Today It's free!

good lift for 93 2wd?

sickboarder

Reaction score
City, State
San Luis Obispo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '99 XLT 4x4
i am wanting to lift up my 2wd 93 xlt, i am wondering what are my lift options? anyone put a skyjacker 6" suspension lift on a 2wd? also is it worth the extra money for a suspension instead of maybe a body lift and small suspension lift?

andrew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had the 6" Skyjacker on my old 1992 2wd. It was nice but if you are just looking for some extra tire space then go w/ the body lift, F-150 Spacers, and warrior shackles. This will run you all of 200.00 even and you can put it all on in one day of free time. Just my opinion if money is an issue.

ok then what do you do about the front end. the truck will have a raked look. hes goin to have to buy 2" coils to mactch the warriors in the back

this is andrew's brother getting some info for him... what are the best options for suspension lifts for andrew? skyjacker, superlift, rancho? ive heard good things about the skyjacker lift, and so far ive found it for around $1000. does this kit include lifted springs or something to raise the rear end as well, or would he have buy springs or do a SOA? what extra stuff will we need to get besides the kit (extended brake lines? etc) also, about how much will it cost to have a shop install the lift?

i have a 4" fabtech lift. It rides alot better than stock and does well out in the desert. I have 3.5" lift springs in the rear which was worth the extra money. I run 33's, but now ready for 35's.

i bought the lift when it first came out. At the time it was 2000 plus labor. Now i've seen it for 1700.

i think thats a little more than hes looking to spend but thanks for the info...

talk to donohue racing. They can bend the front beams for 250 i think That will give you a 4" lift in the front. The only downside would be that your track width in the front will be less.

Back