got my aussie lockers installed and just wanted to thank the forum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got my aussie lockers installed and just wanted to thank the forum

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey all, i just finished installing my aussie lockers today, and for a newbie like me, i couldnt have done it without the forum. i reassembled my locker without any grease and i got my clearance on the gaps just within spec, then i took it apart, added grease, put it back in and the spin test went perfect. put everything back together and took it for a spin. i cant stop smiling, it feels like im on tank tracks and i love it! i only heard the ratcheting twice up and down the avenues, and to be honest i dont mind it at all. i actually think it sounds kinda cool.

just wanted to say an extra thanks to all the people that helped me out with all my questions, especially ronin (and his irs write up), rebel, clusterpup, maniak, iswack and chad.

im gathering up all the pics and video i took of the install and i will put together a write up by the end of the weekend if im not too busy playing in some dirt with my new lockers. thanks again everyone!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hehe, congrats! I remember that new locker feeling! :thumbsup:

Congrats man, so now I can ask you for help when I do mine, right? LOL

thanks guys, and yes you can bug the hell out of me the way ive been bugging the hell out of all of you with my constant questions! any time! thanks again, about to hit the town tonight, and try to get some wheelin time in tomorrow. have a good night everyone.

Congats:thumbsup: Now you have to come down to Truckhaven in October and use it:p:

thanks for the invite, wish i could make it out there, but ill be in vegas in oct, and then ill be on my mojave desert trip. besides, i dont think my rig is ready for haven yet, its not nearly as bad ass as all of you guys and your rigs (still need a lift, larger tires, lights, grill, etc.). btw, i love the jp truck, all u need now is jeff goldbloom and a weasel like lawyer to ride in the back wherever you go.

Good, I knew you could do it, congrats. I wish I could wheel mine also but its wet season now down here and I would need like 16" of lift to be able to wheel right now.

Back