• Register Today It's free!

Greetings from GA

BrandonLee

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello everyone! I finally got around to creating a profile on this site. I am the owner of a 2001 Explorer Sport and for the most part it has been a very dependable vehicle. However, here lately I've came across a problem. About a month ago I got a check engine light and had it tested. It gave me codes for running too rich on banks one and two as well as a MAF low sensor fault. I replaced the MAF thinking that was the culprit behind the problem but I am still getting the codes. What else could be causing this problem? I'll post the specific codes tomorrow when I head over to my father-in-law's house to put it on his lift. It drives well at speeds over 20 or 30 mph but whenever I takeoff from slowing down or stopping it is ridiculously sluggish even to the point of backfiring. I nearly have to floor it to get it to pickup speed. I know this is probably because it's getting way too much fuel. My gas mileage is getting murdered so I'd like to narrow this down and fix the problem. I've asked around and gotten tons of different ideas - everything from bad O2 sensors to a clogged catalytic converter to a still-faulty MAF. Please - all of you Ford masters out there - any idea what I'm looking at here? I appreciate any help i can get!

Okay the codes I am getting are P0102, P0172, and P0175. Running rich on banks 1 and 2, and MAF low sensor fault.

Back