• Register Today It's free!

Grill/brush Guard size specs?

Sitcoms

Reaction score
City, State
Rhode Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
I've got a 99 explorer sport, and have searched high and low for the specs on size for a grill/brush guard. Found a guy that just has a pile of brush guards/push bars lying around and is selling them cheap. So does anyone know the distance between the two mounts and the distance, for a brush guard, from one end to the other?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The distance between the bolts is the same as your frame. It mounts underneath by a bracket. The entire guard width can vary by manufacturer. Some wrap tightly around the lights and others can be larger.

You need the correct mounting bracket for the guard though. I bought a brush guard that came off a mountaineer for my 2000 ex and two years later it's still sitting in my garage because I'm unable to find the bracket for it.
Having the brackets custom made can cost as much as a new unit.

If the "guy" is local, drive your truck down there and match one up. But if he doesn't have the mounting brackets I wouldn't touch it unless you know can find replacements.

I'm in the same boat. Bought a Westin brushguard with no brackets. I contacted a metal fab shop and they wanted $125 to make the brackets from a cardboard template I made. I'm pretty handy and am trying to make my own out of some metal I had available. Planning on doing a write up for the site. Unfortunately not a lot of time to work on it.

The distance between the bolts is the same as your frame. It mounts underneath by a bracket. The entire guard width can vary by manufacturer. Some wrap tightly around the lights and others can be larger.

You need the correct mounting bracket for the guard though. I bought a brush guard that came off a mountaineer for my 2000 ex and two years later it's still sitting in my garage because I'm unable to find the bracket for it.
Having the brackets custom made can cost as much as a new unit.

If the "guy" is local, drive your truck down there and match one up. But if he doesn't have the mounting brackets I wouldn't touch it unless you know can find replacements.

He is local, so ill just give him a call and see if he has the mounting brackets. if he does it's a steal - he only wants $50 per bull bar/push bar/ brush guard (he's got 4).

It's on the back burner right now though, alternator decided to **** the bed yesterday,

Back