grille ideas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

grille ideas

jred

Reaction score
City, State
Beckley, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
i have a 93 ford explorer and i am really not much into horsepower as much as making it look good like one of a kind. But it seems like every body that has a different grille instead of stock has a bullet grille and i feel like if i get one how is my suv suppose to stand out from the rest and i cant find anything different than a billet grille

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how bout this

xkosye.jpg

:D sorry buddy, it was there, and i had to do it! welcome here, and good luck finding a grill.

how bout this

xkosye.jpg

:D sorry buddy, it was there, and i had to do it! welcome here, and good luck finding a grill.

is that a chevy with a custom dodge ram grille?

well, lets not get to off subject for the poor guy! lets try to help him out. i should let everyone know that is a picture in the funny hump day photo's thread.

that is an idea but i want more like a honeycomb grille or something along that line cause the stock grille i have is broke due to a little incident a couple of weeks ago

Before i was brake checked by a toyota I had an expanded metal grill. I painted it black to match my sport. I got if from a metal shop and used a bench vice dead blow mallet and torch to cut it and shape it. when shaping it be sure to heat it before beating on it. If you take your time it will look good.(chech my profile pic as i cant figure out how to put one here)

that is an idea but i want more like a honeycomb grille or something along that line cause the stock grille i have is broke due to a little incident a couple of weeks ago

you can get honeycomb like mesh

I've heard a couple guys on here throw around the idea of putting a Ranger grill on the Explorer, just an idea....

0519081923a.jpg

heres mine with ranger grille and no bumper
and with bumper and muddy
100_2414.jpg

another ranger grille. clear corners and markers also. painted inside the squares blue with the blue bulbs behind the clear lenses.

04-21-08_1508.jpg

i am really liken that grill dude
what year is the ranger you got that off of

89-93. the square body with the same headlights. like i said i just painted the inserts blue. then with the chrome and everything, it looks sick.

off topic but does anyone else notice that the ram is in the typical cartoon dead position. tongue out the side with like x's for eyes... lol

You could get a mazda navajo grille and add the honey comb mesh to it. That would look cool , and paint it body colored. I'm surprised nobody else has done it , the navajo grille looks much better then the explorer grille (if painted , looks bad just black).

Back