GW Dana 44 diff cover question?

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
I'm shopping around for a aftermarket diff cover for both my grand Waggy Dana 44 I'm using for my SAS and my Ford 8.8.

I've looked all over the net for Dana 44 and Ford 8.8 diff covers and I like the design and price of the Poison Spyder Bombshell diff cover.

My question is will it fit the GW Dana 44 or is it just for JK Dana 44 or is there even a difference in them? I'm not familar with the JK's and the site only says Dana 44, not which Dana 44 so I just wanted to make sure before I order parts. Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to the cover...

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Dana-44-Diff-Cover-p/42-10-044.htm

Anyone know if the JK Dana 44 housing is the same as the 80's Grand Wagoneer Dana 44? I contacted Poison Spyder but he's not sure if they are the same.

Not sure if they are the same but unless you are running a true hi-steer be careful what cover you get as it can contact the steering. I bought one from Great lakes and it stuck out to far. Right now I am still running the stock cover.

O.k., thanks for the heads up. I'm going the order it tonight and if it doesn't work I wheel with enough JK owners that would buy it from me. The bolt pattern looks to be right though.

Back