• Register Today It's free!

hard to start update

noruckus

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT, OHV
Well since the original post http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276229 I've gone through a few things, 1st-original problem, truck complains a hole lot upon a cold start up, shakes, rattles and sputters for about 10 secs and then smooths out, changed the plugs and fuel filter, started great for 2 days, then back to the same at cold start up, cleaned the MAF and IAC, no better, replaced the IAC, non better. Truck then began to stall at idle with brake on, eg. at stop lights, or would stall and die when giving it gas to leave from stop lights. changed out fuel pump, great again for a couple of days, now wants to shake, rattle and sputter on cold starts again, oh, at fuel pump change replaced 2 vacuum hoses, I'm still pulling two codes P0155 O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 2 sensor 1) and P1151 Lack of HO2S-21 Switch, Sensor Indicates Lean, any good leads as to what I need to look at next and what parts I might need to replace, do I need to replace the entire vacuum system or? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys. Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it's an ignition problem and you just replaced the plugs that would possibly be the problem, if they plugs were fouled because of a bad set of wires, or a bad ignition coil, just replacing the plugs will be a patch fix, and it will soon resurface like you saw.

Just a thought before you go dumping a lot money into it this is something that may work.

Justin

Do a search for 00M12... There's alot of info on what might be your problem.

LOL!, sorry, I don't always pay attention like I should. Still, it could be your intake gaskets. I had a 91 Explorer before I traded it in for my 97 and had to replace them twice. It's a coomon problem with the OHV engine.

Back