Has anyone added an internal Bluetooth module to stock CD radio ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone added an internal Bluetooth module to stock CD radio ?

fcat

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 5.0 V8 Limited
Anyone added or know how to add a Bluetooth module to my stock CD radio in my '99 limited 5.0 ?
Not interested in an Fm transmitter or tape adapter.
thankks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i added an aux adapter to mine. do you have the console cd chgr? this is what i bought. could replicate yourself tbh

That's a good link to be able to add a plug in device where the 3.5mm connector is placed. I'll get one of those when I do my stereo, with an old Music Keg I have.

To add blue tooth to that though, the link on that page mentioning that is dead. I'm sure there are other devices to accomplish the job though.

I wrote a write up to connect a auxillary connector to the cd player without an adapter.

Write up here: aux input with factory radio?

Honestly all you need is a small 3.5mm adapter to bluetooth and throw one wire to the radio power in.

1690387894197.png

Or use one of these. This write up should work for every factory radio with a cd player

I wrote a write up to connect a auxillary connector to the cd player without an adapter.

Write up here: aux input with factory radio?

Honestly all you need is a small 3.5mm adapter to bluetooth and throw one wire to the radio power in.

View attachment 444250

Or use one of these. This write up should work for every factory radio with a cd player
Excellent will give the link a read thanks

To add blue tooth to that though, the link on that page mentioning that is dead. I'm sure there are other devices to accomplish the job though.
id rather plug in than use BT

Back