Has anyone installed a 2008+ center console in a 2007? Is the wiring plug and play? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone installed a 2008+ center console in a 2007? Is the wiring plug and play?

ExplorerK9

Reaction score
City, State
Lecanto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
Hi all, new member here.
I purchased this 07 4.6 RWD from a guy that got it from a government auction.
It's a former "Crime Scene Investigation" unit with only 106k.
When he got it, the factory center console was removed and replaced with a locking metal box.
So he replaced it with what looks like a 2008+ console with the Microsoft logo and a USB port. But he left all the wiring out, and I have no power ports or anything.
Has anyone else upgraded their 07 to the later console? I need to get this wired up and was hoping an 08+ harness would just be plug and play?
Any help would be appreciated.
KIMG0814.JPG

Hi all, new member here.
I purchased this 07 4.6 RWD from a guy that got it from a government auction.
It's a former "Crime Scene Investigation" unit with only 106k.
When he got it, the factory center console was removed and replaced with a locking metal box.
So he replaced it with what looks like a 2008+ console with the Microsoft logo and a USB port. But he left all the wiring out, and I have no power ports or anything.
Has anyone else upgraded their 07 to the later console? I need to get this wired up and was hoping an 08+ harness would just be plug and play?
Any help would be appreciated.View attachment 431591
imo the msft seems like something would have changed as far as wiring. for the myfordtouch (?) did just the hu change or was there other wiring changes? if the console itself remained the same then they should be close as far as wiring. i dont forsee many large changes but having a wiring diagram never hurts. do you have access to some?

if not maybe you could get JY harnesses feom the 08 and then see if you can mod them to work with your 07

Back