has anyone??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

has anyone???

It says it's made by ARB, but truely some other company makes it for them (Safari _____?).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

now you just need some torpedos and your all set!

snorkel

the snorkel head is a safari snorkel..

that snorkel in that picture is hot...we have mud bogs around here almost once a month...ill take a picture of some of the inventiosn these guys make when the next one comes around

I made mine when I put in dual batteries. It's pretty involved with relocating a bunch of crap like charcoal cannister, washer fluid reservoir, radiator overflow, etc...

Anyway here's what I did...

Attachments

• Air fittings.jpg
    Air fittings.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 311
  • Air Housing.jpg
    Air Housing.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 311
  • Snorkle.jpg
    Snorkle.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 289

Nice setup

Nice setup i was thinking of going that route when i did mine but i didnt want to have to relocate anything. Looks good. :thumbsup:

I recently made a snorkle for my X. Had it on for about 3 weeks till i just finally tested it last night at the local wheelin spot here. Works real well never got any water up in it and i had the front of the hood submerged many times. My friend in his yota with a 10inch lift and 37's had a problem with water going up in the engine compartment and so did my friend with his Heep, which he almost hydrolocked in the process. Simple design and made out of 2.5 White PVC. Took most of the design from DasFrem, but stuck with regular pvc instead of conduit. The pics arent that great and i have more just need to post them up
Here is the install pics

Would a snorkel into the cab work or be feasible? That way you wouldn't have the snorkel poking out of the top. Just a thought.

Yes it would. But no matter what your cutting holes. And in the cab you could here the sucking plus maybee even smell some fumes.

Hey -1991-4x4xplorer

Why dont you email mail me at dubbin_23s@yahoo.com ..Whats the delay on Making a choice on my lift, you cant say yes to everything, then back out..

I've got one. Just look at my link. Good luck.

Back