Having Trouble with Bull/Grille Guard | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Having Trouble with Bull/Grille Guard

Pjibs

Reaction score
City, State
Wittenberg University
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
Hey guys,

So I've been shopping around and comparing prices on various websites on a particular grille guard: Westin Ultimate Bull Guards. Now from what I have gathered from the various websites is that the Westin catalog number for my truck, 2003 Sport Trac XTL, is 33-0975. Now, I found the cheapest price on amazon, but in one of the reviews it says that a customer was unable to fit the guard on the 2003 Sport Trac.

Does anyone else you this particular guard and if so, is Amazon a safe bet to get it because its about $50-100 cheaper.
Thanks!

J.B.

This is the item --> http://www.amazon.com/Westin-33-0975-Bull-Bar-Black/dp/B000BNXS00

And what is interesting is that the Amazon car identifier thing says it won't fit and yet on other websites it says it does.... HELP!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actually now craiglist.com may have pulled through in the clutch... but still is there any way to confirm this model number?

Did you get the Westin 33-0975 Bull Bar to fit....or did you go with another unit?

It seems Westin claims a no fit on that unit for the 03 ST (XLT)....but I was wondering if anyone has gotten it to fit, maybe with some slight mods?

Thanks. JP.

I ended up just calling Westin because I couldn't find a clear answer. The ultimate bull bars won't fit the '03 trac :( :( The guy said the only ones that will are the full grille/brush guard, and the light/safari bar. I'm not into the full grille guard look so I think I'm gunna do the light/safari bar unless I can find a guard that doesn't cover the head lights cuz I'm not a fan of that.

That is the best price I have seem! Everything that I have found has been around the $200+ price range. I'm gunna get mine off of that site as well! Thanks for the link. You saved me some cash :)

Ever thought about going with a full brush guard? I was going to go with a bull gueard until I found a good deal on my brush guard. It will look a lot beefier and then you can run you some lights like mine. Here is the one I have.
sporttrac2.jpg

sporttrac1.jpg

Back