Hazard flashing when door opened

GBillerty

Reaction score
City, State
Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport 4WD
Hello!

past week-end, I removed the shift morot to clean it and try to find out why the 4X4 engaged ok and the low range did not... after replacing all, I decided to unplug the neg. cable of the battery. When I reconnected the cable, the hazard lights flashed many times... I told my friend it was a kind of reset from the EEC-IV but since, each time I open the door, the hazard light flashes the stop after 5-10 minutes. Not over yet, when key is at 'on' the lights flashes again... NOw when I go on the road, My !#!# hazards lights flashes for at least 5-10 minutes!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn! maybe it could be the old Remote sratrer that was installed before I bought the truck!?? I'll try to disconnect is this and I'll come back!

thanks!

HUmmm... it's not that remote starter. I disconnected it and it stil flasg again! Dont really know what could be the problem. any ideas?

Was probably the front friver side Hazard relay that toasted! I Began by unpluger the rear relay, then the boring open door warning relay and the the front one! After unpluged it all, I started reconnecting the rear Hazard relay->OK open door -> OK.
Reconnect the front Hazard-> NOT OK! There was a lot of wires connected to it that came from remote sarter. Probably a shortcut or a dead relay!

Back