• Register Today It's free!

Head gasket???

RedEB

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I am about ready to throw a little hissy fit!! I have been having some nasty problems with my 92 all in a series of failures ranging from the starter to the lower intake manifold gaskets. I replaced the IAC, fuel modulator, water temperature sender/sensor, lower intake manifold gasket, upper manifold gasket, valve cover gaskets, and basically all of the hoses and it still isn't working quite right.
Here's the problem:
The engine now runs perfectly except I have a coolant stream coming out of the rear of the engine bay with no source readily located. The engine is running exceptionally well with no apparent coolant contamination in the oil supply, so I wouldn't think it would be the head gasket but now I'm unsure. Is it the heater control valve?? If so, where is that? I'm really starting to draw a blank on this one. I have one vacuum connection on the upper manifold temproarily sealed because I couldn't find the appropriate vacuum hose, though the tranny vacuum line and brake lines are all connected.
Suggestions?????

How about the heater core or one of the hoses to lead to it.

Thank you for the suggestion, I just checked them all out and they seem ok.
BUT- I decided to brave it and I ran my motor for five or so minutes and it literally self sealed. :eek: My motor runs and sound like new and no more leakage, I guess I won't sell it afterall...I guess I shouldn't have doubted my baby!;) :D
Thanks!!!

Back