• Register Today It's free!

Headers Question

BradR

Reaction score
City, State
Novi, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EX 4.0 OHV
So I bought a 00 Mountaineer 5.0 with an exhaust leak at the header, missing bolt, I haven't even tried replacing the bolt yet, but I was thinking, screw it all and just get new headers, yes, I know TMH this and TMH that, but $700 isn't in my budget, and I don't want the crappy stock ones. So you all know what I'm thinking, FMS. The thing is, I don't know which ones or even where to buy them from, I can only find FMS for the 5.0 for Mustangs from 79 to 95. lol.

I don't want to buy something and then have them not fit and be a waste of time.

So, what FMS headers fit the Explorer/Mountaineer 5.0 (with egr) I know I have that silly little plug that goes into the header.

Again, I've tried looking and can't find much for the Explorer/Mountaineer.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a set of the motorsport headers a couple years back. They haven't made them for quite awhile but you may possibly be able to find some.

You are better off waiting for a used set of Torque Monster Headers. They do come up for around $400-$500 shipped. I will keep a look out for you. Installed mine yesterday...$460 shipped.

You are better off waiting for a used set of Torque Monster Headers. They do come up for around $400-$500 shipped. I will keep a look out for you. Installed mine yesterday...$460 shipped.

Sounds excellent,
I assume you mean from other members here? Or Craigslist? (or similar website)

Sounds excellent,
I assume you mean from other members here? Or Craigslist? (or similar website)

TMH are pretty rare, in the grand scheme of things. Real niche market. Your best best is to watch the "for sale" forum on this site. If they become available, you'll see it here.

Lots of threads on Torque Monsters. Scour the archives and you'll see what us 5.0 owners who have them think.

Believe the hype. :D

Place a Torque Monster Headers add in the wanted section here, and watch craigslist and ebay. i'll keep a lookout too.

Back