Headlight problem question..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight problem question.....

BigD

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Fiat 5000
The left headlight on my wife's 95EB burnt out the other day so I finally got aroung to replacing the bulb tonight. Well, it turns out the bulb is fine. The new bulb didn't work and when I swapped the burned out left bulb to the right side it worked fine. So there seems to be a short somewhere in the left headlight bulb circuit. Any suggestions where I should begin my search?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Bret

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the connector for corrosion. A spray type electrical contact cleaner works good for cleaning corrosion, but vinegar works in a pinch.

I had a similar problem...my left headlight didn't come on in low beam. High beam worked just fine. It was a bad power point controller.

Thanks for the suggestions. At the risk of sounding rather ignorant, what exactly is a power point controller and where would I find it? I've never heard of such a thing.

Thanks!

Bret

Originally posted by BigD
Thanks for the suggestions. At the risk of sounding rather ignorant, what exactly is a power point controller and where would I find it? I've never heard of such a thing.

Thanks!

Bret

lol I'm sorry I have no idea where it is myself. I took my Ex to a local Ford dealer and that's what the invoice said. Does your high beam work?

Yes, high beam does work so I guess my thoughts about a short are incorrect. Do you recall how much the dealer charged you for the controller & install?

Thanks,

Bret

Do you recall how much the dealer charged you for the controller & install?

It was $150 for parts & labor.

Thanks, do you have the part number?

Thanks, do you have the part number?

My invoice says FMC F77Z10K910 AA

I hope this helps ;)

I love this board :D

Get the part from ford parts network for cheap and try and do it yourself...

Excellent, thanks for all the help. I'll see if I can find the part tomorrow. (And try to figure out where it goes) I concur with mahieber!

Cheers! ;)

Bret

Back