• Register Today It's free!

Headlight Problem....

Kryptonite.

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Bauer
I have a 1995 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition... My Problem is that my Driver side Low Beam does not work. The High Beam Works Fine but the low Beam does not, I have Checked Fuses, Switches, and Even Bulbs. I have a Haynes Manual and a CD-ROM with the Tech. Data that Ford Uses with their service Department. Yet I still can not Fix this problem.

I have Moved Relays Around in my Relay Box and I got the Fog Lights to work but i cant get the driver low beam. Could it be possible that the Relay box is messed up? like a wire is disconnected somewhere? and is is possible that one pin on a relay doesn't work but the rest still do? I have had this problem before I just could not fix it.

Any Help Would be Greatly Appreciated!

Would like to have answers ASAP!?

Thanks,
Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

instead of just "blindingly pulling around".... get a meter and check for voltage at appropriate place like at the lamp contacts and at the and leaving the fuse panel. Your problem is likely the LOM module.... broken circuit connection... fixable... there are posts about the problem and successes in dealing with it.

I'd be inclined to think it was a bulb issue.

Fixed!?

I Fixed it by taking out the LOM and putting paper clips in and Duct tape for a temp fix untill i can Dish out $70 for a new LOM from ford... But i looked at the Circuit board and i couldn't find anything wrong with it but i got it to work! Thanks for all your Help guys...

Chris

Hi there,

I just recently had this problem, and was able to cheaply and easily fix it (without being a mechanic or someone who regularly repairs small electronics).

Your problem is definitely the LOM, based on the description of what works and what doesn't. The most likely issue is, based on the reaserch that I did on how to fix the problem, that one of the "cold solders" of one of the pins where the female part of the wiring harness/jack is joined to the board has cracked. The crack results in a thin gap between the pin and the roughly square hole that the pin fits into on the circuit board, which the LOM reads as being the same as a headlight out. The pin connection that was cracked on mine was the first one in the top row of pin connections on the circuit board. I had to use a magnifying glass to see it. If you hold the circuit board so that the wiring harness jack is at the top, the pin I am referring to would be (I think) the one in the upper left hand corner of the two rows of pins. If you re-solder the connection that is cracked, your LOM should work properly again, resulting in you being able to use all of the headlights (low beam and high beam).

However, I read that if you run HID headlights, you may have fried the LOM to the point that it will not be able to be repaired this way. I don't run those, so I didn't have a problem in that regard.

I hope this helps. Easy way to save yourself $70 for the part (although one of the posts I read stated that the dealership wanted $600 to fix it ?!?!).

yeah that was the problem, I just Re-Soldered the Missing Point and Bingo! it works lol So I'm Happy... I Fixed it with out spending a dollar lol

yeah that was the problem, I just Re-Soldered the Missing Point and Bingo! it works lol So I'm Happy... I Fixed it with out spending a dollar lol

Glad you were able to fix it! ANd for so cheap! :cool:

I was REALLY happy that I was able to fix this problem so easily on my '97 EB, too. And it only cost what I paid for the soldering gun!! This site is great, I think it has saved me like $2000 easily.

On a different note, if you ever end up having a problem with your HVAC system blend door motor "clicking" all the time (this was the next thing that I had to fix after the LOM problem--totally unrelated), I was able to easily fix that, too. I am going to do a post on it soon.

Take care.

Any pictures of where the LOM is located and what it looks like?

Do I have a LOM even though my lower center console doesnt have a computer screen on it?

Back