Headlights and taillights help... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlights and taillights help...

I have red 2000 ford explorer xls. Im trying to upgrade the look of it and the first thing im going to is add headlights and tail lights. The only problem is I dont really know what im looking for and whats are good prices fro the items I want. I been searching ebay and I found a few item but I dont know if there are good are not. So could someone help me out???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems everyone who has bought the "projector" type headlights has been real happy with them. whether they use HID or the bulbs they come with. They are about twice as much $ but they are worth it, they say. Have had many complaints about the beam pattern on the type you listed on ebay.
Do a search for projector headlights. Lots of info in the Lighting Forum.

Tail lights to me, are personal preference. None are sealed as well as OEM but can/should be siliconed before installation to keep moisture out. They all are about the same quality.

I have a set of the Last headlights from ebay you posted... the clearouts with a set of 8000K HID's and they look great, Id recomend them definitly... of course the projectors are cooler but for the price of them id just got with them
DayTimeView.jpg
FrontView1.jpg

The diamond headlights are bomb, i have the corners.

But dont go with tinted tailights, I have chrome ones and they really did the trick.

I have those same tailights but the tinted ones actually hahah i love them

Haha thats cool. I just prefer chrome ones, but the style is amazing. I'm very happy with them

Any thoughts on these Im really liking them but im still on the fence. Recommendations are also accepted, im looking for quality.

Any thoughts on these Im really liking them but im still on the fence. Recommendations are also accepted, im looking for quality.

I have them. I love them. There are a few threads on the site about them (we had a group buy on them a year ago). Why pay $220+ship on them when you can get them for $200/shipped? :p:

See here for a thread on the group buy. Near the end of the thread is the link to the seller who we got them from who has them for $200. There actually a slightly used pair kicking around for more than that so this is a sweet deal, IMHO (we paid $250 for them last year).

Another thread related to the Group Buy.

Thanks for the info celly this is exactly what I was looking for. These will be ordered today so hopefully I have them before the end of the week. Now if I could find me some tails I will be good.

Back