• Register Today It's free!

Headman headers

jordan1948

Reaction score
City, State
Heiskell, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer 4X4 Limited
Does anyone know if headman headers are better then pacesetter? I've heard pacesetters aren't even worth the money/trouble so I was wondering if anyone was running with headmans.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea i got set you want em cheap?

if he doesnt want them how cheap are u talking

I run a set of Hedmans on my 347 and haven't had any issues with them. They are a little tight on the passenger side(run real close to the crossmember), but they worked well for my swap........

yea i got set you want em cheap?
I appreciate it but I don't have the cash right now. right now I'm just seeing what my best options for the future are.

Bloodbane

Which hedmans did you use?

I have Hedmans on my motor, for my swap...but I have P heads, so I have to modify them a bit...

Ryan

i got headmans pretty good no issues and pretty loud tone

i have the pacesetters and they fit perfect and not had any problems with them,except that i had to dremel a slight half round into the flanges to get my spark plug wrench in it and to clear my boots,but i have 95tm heads on a 92 block,if that makes a difference.just make sure you get ceramic coated or if you paint them use ceramic flame proof paint and make sure to get all the shipping paint off them,it is not heat proof!!

What are the benefits of the TM95 heads? And what kind of mods do you have to do to put them on the 4.0 or do you?

What are the benefits of the TM95 heads? And what kind of mods do you have to do to put them on the 4.0 or do you?
they are direct bolt on.they take you to 10:1 and you got to run 90+ gas,but if you do the heads its a good idea to do a cam and pushrods/rocker assembly and the headers.the 95tm heads I run are an aftermarket cast and resist cracking and flow better than stock.for about a $1000 you can do the heads,cam,pushrods,rockers,headers and an electric fan.you would have a whole new top end and the thing will be like new,the bottoms normally last for ever(normally)!with that you would get WAY more power to the rear wheels and have a reliable top end.
Posted via Mobile Device

I see. I will deffinantly have to consider that once I get the ex paid off. I know it's 15 year old suv but I love driving it fast lol not stupidly though.

I'm just running the V-8 swap headers on mine (I forget the PN). The block on the 347 is a '69, but I have some '68 heads on it(they are more open than the later year heads, and I get a little more compression out of them). I don't have any problems with spark plugs or anything either. The only time I ever had problems with them was when I first did the swap I was trying to use a FS 1356 TC and it set the engine in there a little ****eyed. When I went to the Dana 20 everything straightened out and no morer issues.

Back